Taking you through my favourite beauty products of 2013!
1. Priori Advanced AHA Perfection Facial Gel This stuff saved my face. This is the only acne treatment that has worked for me and it cleared up my skin in about a month (will do a post all about it soon)!
2. Dermalogica Active Moist The most hydrating and absorbent moisturiser I’ve used! It makes my skin feel fresh and able to breath. Great on it’s own or under makeup.
3. Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado Lovely thick eye cream – I use it twice a day.
1. The Beauty Blender The hype is right! This phenomenal pink sponge makes you make look flawless. It takes seconds to blend things on your skin! I like to use the pointy end to blend in my under eye concealer too.
2. Sephora Collection Classic Crease Shadow Brush #73 I have discovered the best makeup brush ever. It’s so soft and fluffy and blends eyeshadow perfectly.
3. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler I can say from experience that using an expensive curler as opposed to one that cost $3 makes a legitimate difference in curling experience.
1. Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Primer I bought this primer in Wales when my skin was drying out due to travelling and I’ve been using it ever since! It did a great job hydrating my skin and smoothing my foundation and also works as a overnight mask.
2. Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional This is a recent discovery for me but I can tell I’m not going to be able to live without it already. I have large pores on the sides of my nose and this cream just makes them vanish!
3. NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base I like to use this when I’m using a lot of eyeshadow or something very shimmery or creamy. It sticks your eyeshadow to you lid like glue so it can intensify the colour. I found it works best when you leave it to dry for a few minutes before apply eye shadow.
1. Revlon ColorStay Makeup For Combination/Oily Skin – 200 Nude This is the first drugstore foundation I’ve ever used and it has completely won me over!
2. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup SPF 10 – 1C1 Cool Bone A great face powder that doesn’t look cakey. Can also be used as a foundation on it’s own (still testing that).
3. Soap and Glory One Heck of a Blot Fantastic translucent powder! I like to keep it in my bag to touch up any shininess throughout the day.
1. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – Fair 1 When I went to the UK this is the first thing I bought (actually I bought three). There is so much hype surrounding it and I can really see why – it gives you the most perfect coverage!
2. Bobbi Brown Corrector – Light Bisque This is a colour correcting concealer for dark circles and works well as a normal concealer too! Really thick and doesn’t budge.
3. theBalm Liquid TimeBalm Spot Concealer – Light I find this to be such a genius product. It’s a concealer that acts as a spot treatment at the same time as it contains tea tree oil!
CONTOUR & HIGHLIGHT
1. theBalm – Mary-Lou Manizer This is the shiniest highlighter I’ve seen! I have such pale skin so it shows up really well.
2. Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc – Golden Mosaic Again since I have such pale skin I use this as a contour colour!
3. YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch – No. 1 Luminous Radiance A really beautiful highlight that I like to use for my brow bone, inner corners of the eye, and cupids bow. I don’t tend to use this for under the eyes as it’s pink based so it would make dark circles look worse.
1. Estee Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelée Blush – Tease The best blush in the entire world! I have been using it non stop since I bought it (was incredibly hard to track down).
2. MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush – Dollymix A super bright hot pink blush!
3. Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek – PK301 Peach Macaroon This is the blush I was using non stop before I bought the Estee Lauder blush. This is a Japanese brand owned by Shiseido.
1. Chanel Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow – Emerveille My favourite eyeshadow of the whole year! I wear this beautiful champagne colour all the time – even on it’s own when I’m having a quick makeup day.
2. MUA Undress Me Too Palette This palette has been my most used palette ever. The colours are perfect for everyday use (just discovered is a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette). My favourite colour is wink.
3. Urban Decay Naked Basics Great palette for travelling! Lots of matte neutrals for day time looks plus a black and a pale shimmer for more dramatic looks.
1. Lancome Artliner – Noir This is the first liquid liner I used and quite possibly the only one I will ever use. The felt tip is just so easy to use and applies the liquid where you want it to go flawlessly!
2. Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Pot Liner – Blackest Black A gel liner that gives an intense black finish. Looks amazing but a little difficult to get off.
3. Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Eyeliner – Nude I love to use this eyeliner on my waterline to clean up and brighten dark and smokey eye looks.
1. Maybelline Volume Express The Falsies Flared – Blackest Black Best mascara of the year! This stuff does what it says, and does it well.
2. Smashbox Full Exposure Long Wear Volumising Mascara I love this mascara for the giant brush! It’s really huge!
3. Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara – Excessive Black Lancome mascaras are amazing. I love that it’s quite a wet mascara so you can easily play around with how you want your eyelashes to sit before it dries.
1. Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter – Sorbet Although I’ve listed way too many lip products, this is hands down my favourite for 2013. The ColourBurst range is my favourite line in general but this fuchsia colour has been my favourite!
2. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer – Big Bang A close second favourite is the Apocalips line. These liquid lipsticks are so heavily pigmented, thick, and long lasting.
3. MAC Lustre Lipstick – Plumful MAC’s Lustre lipsticks feel so lovely and creamy to wear and this deep purple/pink is beautiful!
1. Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker – Bashful This would be my most reached for lip product of the year. I wear this when I either don’t feel like wearing much on my lips, or, when I don’t know what to wear!
2. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain – Lovesick Another chubby stick type product but the colour from this stays on all day!
3. NARS Satin Matte Lip Pencil – Luxembourg Super intense colour without feeling like you’re wearing a lot of product!
1. Dior Addict Gloss – Diablotine 643 I knew I wanted this lip gloss ever since I saw the campaign ads for it! It’s sort of a peachy-red with lots of glitter.
2. Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss – Rose Sugar I love pairing this lip gloss with purply lipsticks!
3. MAC Cremesheen Glass Lipgloss – Floating Lotus Just a great pink lip gloss.
1. Dior Creme de Rose I cannot live without lip balm! I get quite dry lips and this is the only lip balm that lasts throughout the entire night. It’s thick and smells of roses!
2. EOS Smooth Sphere Lip Balm – Strawberry Sorbet I’m officially giving up buying other lip balms. Now that I have six of them I can safely say that they are the best lip balm ever and everyone should have at least three.
3. Nivea Pearly Shine Another lip balm I sometimes use at night when I don’t feel like using the creme de rose as this is much lighter.
1. Ciate Denim Manicure – Regatta I cannot get over how incredible this nail polish is. It looks like denim. I love denim.
2. Revlon Nail Polish – 230 Popular Such a super cute pink sparkly nail polish! It’s not a particularly common looking nail polish so I find it looks more classy than girly.
3. Butter London – Primrose Hill Picnic I’m pretty sure I’ve been using this perfect hot pink colour on my toes for 90% of the year!