Christmas is my favourite favourite favourite time of year and I love preparing for it just as much as Christmas Day itself! I had just over a month to get everything ready and but I had so much planned that Christmas Day came way too fast. However I did manage to get the things I really wanted to do done.
- Decorate the Christmas tree: We’ve always had fake trees and this year, since we moved to a much bigger house, we decided to finally get a new one. It’s very big and we managed to put all our decorations on it.
- Make snow: I strung cotton balls on cotton and hung them from the stairs.
- Make a wreath for the front door: This was my first ever chance to hang a wreath on the front door so I wanted to make one myself. It was so cheap and easy to do! I bent a wire coat hanger into a circle and hot-glued gold baubles onto it!
- Decorate the house with lights: We’ve never had a street facing house before so this was another first!
- Make gingerbread: I found these adorable mini gingerbread houses to put on the edge of your coffee cup and I couldn’t resist making them!
- Wrap presents: Lots of presents… More and more kept arriving in the mail for me to wrap!
I had a wonderful Christmas filled with lots of chocolate and presents which you’ll hear about over the next month or so!
I hope you had a Merry Christmas too and you’re eating mountains of leftovers!