It’s time for more Christmas! You can never have too much Christmas. On the other hand you can have too many biscuits. I made a lot of gingerbread. Check out the recipe below (based on this recipe) and watch the video!
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup treacle
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams unsalted butter or margarine
- 800 grams all purpose flour
- Cream butter and sugar on a medium speed until fluffy.
- Add spices, eggs, and treacle, and mix on a low speed.
- Mix in the flour until just combined.
- Wrap dough in glad wrap and sit it in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the over to 180C (350F) and roll our the dough till it's about 7mm thick.
- Cut into shapes, stamp on your words, and place them onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes and let cool.